Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Cake

I really hate single use appliances and bakeware, so when I found a Wilton cake pan that makes a checkerboard pattern inside I really couldn't justify buying it. But it went on sale at Michaels a while later, and since I had a 50% off coupon I figured "why not." For $7.00 it's worth it; besides, look at all the cute occasions when it can be used!" On the side of the box was the cutest cake. It had Christmas cookies on top and Christmas trees on the side, and red, white, and green checkers on the inside. It was so cute I couldn't wait to make it!

So, for Christmas this year I copied the cake on the side of the pan box, and it turned out so adorable! The snowman and trees on top are decorated sugar cookies that I made with a dowel in the middle so they can stand upright on the cake. Completely edible! For the inside I made checkers in red, white, and green. I love the way it turned out and cannot wait for the opportunity to use the pan again :)



I wish I would have gotten a better picture of the inside of the cake. I used a dull butter-knife to make the cut so the frosting smeared and it looked sloppy. After these initial few cuts I found a sharp knife and it looked must "crisper" on the inside, but I forgot to take another photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment